The ultimate switch developed out of the need to somehow bring back old times when you had switches (more than 1) that released any already pressed switch when a new switch is pressed. You would call that a 1 out of X logic or radiobuttons if you were in the microprocessor area.
During the development of the switch a few other options came to light and have been implemented. The one out of X-feature is only one of the options. Here they are:
- Using a momentary switch to avoid all the mechanical issues involved in 3PDTs.
- True bypass switching for effect units
- 1 out of X option aka radiobuttons (releasing other switches if new switch is pressed)
- Remote switching (any external momentary switch will do)
- Preset on power-on (active after power-on)
Version 2.0 superseeds V1.0 and incorporates a lot of minor changes that were done to improve the usability.